Cori over at Olive To Run posed many important questions yesterday in her Would You Rather Running Style Survey #7. I couldn’t help but jump at the chance to answer her pressing questions!
1. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm? Even though I enjoy running in a warm summer rain, I have great respect for lightening and where there’s thunder, there could be lightening! So with that being said, throw a snowstorm my way and this snow lover will plod through it!
2. Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth? As long as I’m breathing, I don’t really care! If I’m running through said snowstorm though, I’d better breath through my nose so my lungs don’t explode and my teeth don’t shatter from the cold.
3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches? I’m more of a lunge (over squats) kind of girl, so I’ll drop and give you 100 crunches.
4. Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree? I have a sweet tooth a mile long, so if I’m eating it strictly for blogging purposes, I’ll have the baked good. And while we’re at it, can I make it my Aunt Ann’s cheesecake brownies?
5. Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour? Give me the great outdoors any day of the week! I’d probably turn it into a fartlek workout to make it go by faster.
6. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch? I’m afraid my head might explode with each pounding step if I had a headache, so I’m picking the side stitch. I haven’t had one in probably 15 years, so if I just jinxed myself, I’m holding Cori accountable!
7. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or on a day off? Since I’m an all-or-nothing kind of girl, please let me take the whole day off! A girl can dream, right?
8. Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer? I was the race director of The Tortoise And The Hare 8K for about six years and I know the endless amount of work for months in advance that goes into planning a race. I’ll take a four-hour volunteer job several times a year over directing a race again.
9. Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets [HRM, GPS watch, Headphones] or running shoes? Considering how temperamental these gnarly old running feet have become, I need to spend my money on the best running shoes for me, but I’d rather spend it on gadgets!
10. Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon? I’ve run a ton of marathons, but I’ve never run in a relay. So please invite me to run on your relay team, preferably Ragnar! I’ll start packing my bag!
Now it’s your turn!
- What are your answers to one or all of the questions?
- What’s another great question Cori should ask?
- Did you getting any snow from last nights/this mornings storm?