Dear Santa Runner,
I have been very good this year. I have been logging my training miles with easy runs, hill repeats, long runs, and the occasional tempo run. I’ve even been pretty good at cross-training, stretching, and foam rolling. I’ve supported the local running scene by running in several area races this year, and I’ve given back to the community by volunteering with two running groups – the Cruisers and our local Moms RUN This Town chapter.
If you see fit, please leave the following under my Christmas tree…
1. No More Back Or Leg Pain – If I promise to continue to use my Teeter Hang Ups to decompress my spine, and to do my self-prescribed core exercises, will you please bring me a pain-free 2016?
2. Age Adjusted PR’s – I don’t expect to run as fast as I did in my late-thirties, but I’d love a couple of new age adjusted PR’s in 2016.
3. An Unlimited Supply Of Running Friends – If you could make sure I always have a running buddy whenever I want, that would be great!
4. My Own Little Cloud Following Me To Keep The Sun Away – Since I’m fair skinned and prone to skin cancer, can you give me a little cloud to follow me on my runs to help shield the sun off of me? Please make it white and fluffy, not dark and gloomy.
5. Just One More Marathon – I miss running marathons so much. Please bring me one more marathon, preferably in Chicago.
If you bring all of the items on my list, I promise to leave some chocolate milk and a plate of Honey Stinger Waffles out for you!
P.S. How did you teach your reindeer to fly? I could use those skills at the end of some of my races.
P.S. #2 You never brought me that baby sister I wanted when I was four, five, and six years old, so perhaps you can make up for that this year by bringing all of the above items. If you do, I’ll forgive and forget.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Today I’m joining the DC Trifecta’s Friday Five Linkup with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Today’s topic is Holiday Wish List, and as you can see I gave my list a running twist. Please stop by these DC area bloggers’ blogs to say hello; and while you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are also participating in the linkup.
- What running items would you like for Santa to bring?
- What things that can’t be purchased would you like?
- Are you racing this weekend?
Happy Running! ~ Deb