Last night we invited friends over to watch the Olympics (I didn’t realize that no actual competitions would be going on – oops), but we enjoyed catching up and watching the festivities. We ordered pizza from our favorite local delivery place, and our friends brought a kale salad from Costco (with added pomegranate seeds), and it was delicious! I’m not gonna lie, I went back for seconds on the salad!
We hadn’t seen this particular set of friends since last summer, and it was great to see them! They even brought us a maroon and orange plant for our Hokie bar!
Our friends stayed until the speeches got going, and as soon as they left we headed straight to bed to watch the rest of the show. The fireworks after the lighting of the Olympic flame were beautiful and looked almost red, white, and blue – how very American. Hmm…
I didn’t notice this last night (perhaps it happened after the lighting of the flame, because I went to sleep the very next second), but one of the snow flakes failed to open into the fifth Olympic ring. Uh-oh!
I didn’t stay up for the end of the Olympic Opening Ceremony because I had to get up early this morning to meet the MRTT ladies at the trail at 6:30. It was 26° when we started, but thankfully not windy! For some reason my camera shoots blurry pictures when I have the flash on and it’s in self-timer mode. Yet another reason I’m hoping for a new tiny camera in the next month or so. Hint, hint, Babe! Anyway, these ladies are amazing and I’m looking forward to many more runs with them in the future!
I ran five miles with my new friends before I had to get back and meet Joe (the only Cruiser joining me). We ran three miles giving me an eight-mile total for the day. I have a 5K tomorrow, so I decided not to run any farther. Tomorrow’s 5K is about having fun with no expectations, so resting my legs wasn’t a concern.
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw a picture of this Champion jacket I bought at Costco yesterday. It’s an unlined shell and cost only $17.99. It’s the perfect weight for me to wear over a long sleeved shirt during the winter.
Now on to the really good stuff! Back in July, I gave away a Road ID $35 e-coupon and promised that I’d give another one away in a few months. I had every intention of giving it away on Black Friday, but life got in the way during the fall and it just didn’t happen. The good news is… I’m starting the giveaway today!
Please refer back to my July post for all of the cool details about Road ID and why it’s such a good idea to always run with one!
Rules to enter my Road ID giveaway:
- You are allowed to enter every day during this period. The more times and ways you enter, the greater your chances of winning.
- Shipping is available only in the continental United States.
- Winners will be selected by Rafflecopter on Friday, February 14 and announced by Saturday, February 15.
- Once the winner is announced, that person will have until Tuesday, February 18 to claim the prize. I will make every effort to contact the winner, but if the winner fails to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen.
- Relatives of Deb Runs are not eligible to win.
To enter for a chance to win a Road ID $35 e-coupon,
please use the Rafflecopter app below.
- What’s your favorite pizza delivery place?
- Are you excited about the winter Olympics? What are your favorite sports?
- Do you run with any sort of ID?