My list of outdoorsy adventures pales in comparison to some of my friends, but now that I look at my list of recommendations, I don’t think it’s too bad for a little country girl who only dreamed of such adventures. Having added another fun activity this past Saturday to my list of “things I’ve tried,” I started thinking about what other outdoorsy types of things I’d like to tackle…
Five fun adventures that I highly recommend you try:
1. SUP – Just last Saturday I tried stand up paddleboarding and had so much fun. In case you missed it, you can read about my adventures on the Beaverdam Creek Reservoir here.
2. Parasailing – Bill and I parasailed over the Outer Banks a couple of summers ago. Even though I’m somewhat afraid of heights, it was amazing and I didn’t expect it to be such a calm and relaxing experience. To join in on the fun, you can read my recap here.
5. Snorkeling – I snorkeled once in Hawaii, was very timid, and would like a do-over.
Bonus: Trail Running – I have a lot of friends who run, but don’t trail run. Trail running is an entirely different sport, and I encourage anyone who loves running and adventure to give it a try. The views, the animal sightings, and the thrill of the risks just can’t be beat!
Five fun adventures that I would love to try someday:
2. Hiking Into The Grand Canyon
3. Swimming With Dolphins
4. Hot Air Ballooning
5. Dare I say skydiving?
- Which items from my list have you tried?
- What fun adventures should I try that I didn’t mention?
- Are you racing this weekend? ~ I’m running the Firecracker 5K on Independence Day morning!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Today I’m joining the DC Trifecta’s Friday Five Linkup with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Please stop by these DC area bloggers’ blogs to say hello; and while you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are also participating in the linkup.