It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week the DC Trifecta chose Brands To Love as the theme…..
Just Do It ~ Nike
Run Happy ~ Brooks
What We Live For ~ Life Fitness
A Healthy Mind In A Healthy Body ~ Asics
Impossible Is Nothing ~ Adidas
Power To The She ~ Athleta
One More Thing ~ Apple
Just like with my friends, I’m very loyal with the products I use. If I find something I like, I’ll stick with it as long as the quality remains high and the style and my tastes remain cohesive.
So what are some of my favorite brands? It should come as no surprise that the first four are fitness related, and the fifth one makes blogging easy. By the way, this post contains affiliate links, and to read more about what that means, check out the right side-bar.
1. Brooks – I’ve enjoyed Brooks running clothes for years. I have several of their jackets and running pants, and just recently started running in Brooks Glycerin shoes after years of running in Asics. I still love my Asics trail shoes, but the constant problem of holes tearing in the toes in my regular running shoes made me finally look for a new brand. Last fall I tried my first pair of Brooks, and have been a happy customer ever since.
2. Athleta – I have a couple of pairs of Athleta capris and shorts, and absolutely love them. I would love to own one of everything in their store, but…..
3. Life Fitness – About three years ago I got an amazing deal on a Life Fitness elliptical machine from a friend who used to be a sales rep for several lines of exercise equipment. He was selling off some of his personal equipment, and I happened to be in the right place at the right time. Having used Life Fitness equipment at all of the gyms I’d worked for, I was very familiar with the line and appreciated the quality. When I decided to purchase a spin bike and treadmill for my home gym, I decided to stick with the Life Fitness brand.
4. Adidas – Adidas is one of the major sponsors of the Boston Marathon, and I have four jackets and several shirts with the Boston logo on them that I purchased when I ran in 1998 and 2010. Adidas clothing is also often sold at Costco, and I love a good bargain. I have three pairs of yoga pants that I have practically lived in for the past several years, and love their comfort and long lasting quality.
5. Apple – Yes, I drink the Kool-Aid and love Apple products. I have an iPhone, MacBook, and iPod Nano and love how user-friendly both devices are. The ease of iCloud and iPhoto for sharing and editing pictures for my blog (and life in general) is awesome. I don’t see myself buying the Apple Watch, though…
Honorable Mentions – Garmin, Feetures!, Nike, Asics, Ann Taylor, Williams-Sonoma
- What are your favorite brands?
- What brand have you used the longest (of any product)?
- Who has a race scheduled for this weekend?