It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week the DC Trifecta chose Five Things I’ll Be Doing In Five Years as the theme…..
“I am not afraid of tomorrow,
for I have seen yesterday
and I love today.”
~ William Allen White
It’s going to be fun and interesting reading my fellow bloggers’ posts talking about where they want to be in five years. I dare say that there will be several people mentioning that they’d like to start a family and establish their careers. Since I’ve been there, done that, my post will most likely be a bit different than the others in the linkup. So what do I hope to be doing in five years? Here goes…
1. Having Fun No Matter What I’m Doing – I believe in living life to the fullest, so you can bet I’ll be laughing and having fun!
2. Running Regularly – Seriously, did you expect anything less than this being near the top of my list?
3. Traveling With My Hubby – There are so many places we want to go, and next on our list is a trip back out west. We’re looking forward specifically to hiking and running in Southern Utah, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and the Colorado Rockies – all places we loved visiting when we lived out west.
4. Maintaining Good Health – This is somewhat out of my control, but I will continue to eat well, exercise regularly, and get my recommended tests, pokes, and prods from my doctors to help increase my odds of staying healthy.
5. Cuddling A Grandchild – This is definitely out of my control, but this is something I really look forward to!
Bonus: Watching one or more of the following (a girl can dream, right?):
- Washington Nationals win the World Series
- Virginia Tech Hokies win the NCAA National Football Championship
- Washington Redskins win the Super Bowl
- Washington Capitols win the Stanley Cup
Don’t forget to stop by the other participating bloggers’ little corners of the internet to find out what they want to be doing in five years!
- What do you hope to be doing in five years?
- What teams would you love to see win something big, but you aren’t holding your breath?
- Are you racing this weekend?
Happy Running! ~ Deb