It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week, the DC Trifecta chose Free Friday as the theme which means we can pick any topic we want. I chose taxes!
“In this world nothing can be said to be certain,
except death and taxes.”
My favorite part of running my own business is the paperwork that I get to do each year around tax time. I decided to become a trainer so I could sit at a desk all day and not interact with people. I especially love using things like Excel, because using business apps only once per year keeps me on top of my game.
Some of the other things I love about doing my business taxes include:
1. I get to strengthen my arm muscles when I throw things.
2. I get to use four letter words that I don’t regularly use.
3. I get to panic and make last minute entries into Quicken that I put off doing in August.
4. I get to brag to my county, and report what new toys I bought for my clients to play with, so in turn, they can tax me a second time on those toys.
5. I get to take Advil for my hip after sitting in one place all day.
I should point out that Bill does our taxes, I just pull everything for my business together, and take care of all of my county and state licensing.
- Do you do your own taxes, or have someone else do them?
- How long does it usually take you to do your taxes?
- Are you racing this weekend?