December’s Race Linkup is open four days early since our normal date falls on Christmas Day, so link away!
Welcome to Race Linkup, a monthly linkup opening on the last Monday of every month and staying open for four weeks. Link your race schedule so everyone can see who else will be at the next race and we can arrange meet-ups with other bloggers and our readers. You can link up your race schedule every month or only when you register for an additional race – you choose how often you want to get your schedule out there for other runners to see. I’d love to have you link up, and if you do, please remember to follow my six simple rules.
I’m about to embark on a first… For the first time ever, I’ve signed up for a New Year’s Day race, the New Day New Year 5K. It’s not that I’m a big New Year’s Eve partier, it’s just that I like to watch college football on NYE and then ring in the new year without having to worry about what I eat and drink as I prep for a race.
So what drove me to sign up for a New Year’s Day race? A few things…
- Registration gets you a blanket instead of a race shirt
- It’s organized by my friend Lesley so I know it will be a great race
- It’s an inaugural race and it’s always fun to get in on the action early
- Some of my friends are running it and what better way to start the year than to hang out with friends
Here’s to ringing in 2018 with a great race! Who’s joining me? Use promo code NewYear18 for $3 off the registration fee.
Looking ahead to my 2018 racing schedule, after my race on the 1st I probably won’t race again until the weather warms up…
January 1 – New Day New Year 5K – Clyde’s at Willow Creek, Broadlands, VA
July 4 – Firecracker 5K – Reston Town Center, Reston, VA
November 22 – Ashburn Farm Thanksgiving Day 5K – Crossroads UMC, Ashburn, VA
- Have you run a New Year’s Day race? ~ I ran a race on the morning of New Year’s Eve once and will be posting a throwback recap on the 31st.
- Have you started looking at your 2018 race schedule?
- Are you running any of the races I have on my schedule?
Hope to see you at a race!