It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week, the DC Trifecta chose Spring! as the theme…..
“Spring has sprung, the grass has ris.
I wonder where the birdie is?
The bird is on the wing they say,
But that’s absurd!
I thought the wing was on the bird!”
Today is the first day of spring, and this snow lover couldn’t be more excited. Well… except that it’s spring and it’s snowing. Even I am done, finished, over it; and ready to enjoy warmer days, working in my garden, watching Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird return to their bird house, and running in shorts and a tank top.
Despite Mother Nature’s early April Fool’s joke, we all know that spring really is just around the corner, and here are some of the signs this farmer girl is noticing that say it’s so:
1. A couple of weeks ago while Bill and I were shoveling the driveway, we saw a robin in our front yard pulling and tugging until he got a worm out of the nearly frozen ground.
2. We’ve recently been seeing our pet groundhog who has come out of hibernation, and has been roaming around on our deck and in our back yard. We fondly call him Fat Bastard, but he’s not looking so fat right now. He’s still up to his dastardly tricks of digging holes in our yard and leaving muddy footprints on the deck, so the last name still fits.
3. Yesterday morning while looking out my kitchen window I noticed that there was a glimmer of green on our weeping willow tree. I walked down for a closer view and could see medium sized buds getting closer to exploding with long green flowing leaves.
- How is spring coming along in your neck of the woods?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Are you racing this weekend?