I have always loved Thanksgiving, a time to be thankful for my many blessings. Thanksgiving is…
- A time to reflect and be grateful
- A time to gather with family
- A time to enjoy fall’s bounty
- A time to relax before the pressure of the upcoming holiday season hits
This year our Thanksgiving will be very different than in recent years. For the first time since our sons were in elementary/middle school, we are not hosting a large gathering. We were invited to meet our youngest son’s girlfriend’s parents and spend Thanksgiving in Charlotte, North Carolina. We’ll make new friends, run in a different turkey trot, and we’ll still indulge in all things turkey and pumpkin.
The only down side is that we won’t see our other son and daughter-in-law this Thanksgiving, but on the plus side we were able to spend several days with my mom earlier in the week. Christmas is just around the corner and we’ll be with our entire family, both at our home and back at my mom’s farm.
Not only am I thankful, but I am blessed!
- What are you thankful for?
- How are you celebrating Thanksgiving, and what are your favorite Thanksgiving memories?
- Did you run in a turkey trot this morning or last weekend?
Happy Running! ~ Deb