There are so many things that I love about Blacksburg, but in the spirit of Friday Five, I’ll limit it to just five things – even though I am taking some liberties considering Blacksburg is a town and not a city…..
1. Blacksburg has got a small town feel to it.
2. Blacksburg is nestled in the beautiful mountains of Southwestern Virginia.
3. Although it’s got a small town feel, there’s a plethora of things to do. Whether you’re into the arts, athletics, or running and hiking in the great outdoors, you’ll always find something to keep you entertained.
4. I always feel young when I’m in Blacksburg even though the median age there is 22. I may be a few years older than that, but there’s something about that place that makes me feel young at heart.
5. Blacksburg is the home of Virginia Tech, and my beloved Hokies!
Even though there’s very little chance Bill and I will ever move back to Blacksburg, it’s fun to imagine what life might be like if we did…..
- Where do you visit that makes your heart dance?
- Have you lived in a place that you’d love to return to live?
- Are you racing this weekend?