This week’s title pretty much sums up my week. If I wasn’t working or working out, I was writing race recaps from my last two races and prepping for some other throwback recaps coming up. Somewhere in there I tried to slip in a little sleep, and sadly it was just a little because going to bed late and getting up early is just too easy to do when there’s a lot to be done…
When I’m on a roll it’s hard to stop and with Bill out of town all week, I took the lazy route and picked up a Panera salad one night, a California Tortilla salad another night, Wine’ing Butcher carryout chicken and Brussels sprouts another night… In other words, I grabbed something on the way home from boot camp or training a client and didn’t take the time to cook.
Tuesday I even tied in my run with running errands. Anything to save time, right?
Thursday morning’s run was before daylight, solo, and within my little neighborhood so I didn’t take a picture. I’m hoping to get back with my pre-dawn running besties this week!
Thursday after my order of Christmas themed shorts, tee, and mittens arrived from Gone For A Run, I decided that I needed a red or green headband to complete the outfit. None of my friends had what I needed so I ran out in search of a thin Christmas headband.
It wasn’t until I couldn’t finding anything appropriate at Target that I got the great idea to make my own. Since I was cutting it too close to order anything from Amazon and get it by Saturday, I pulled out my favorite headband – a BondiBands (affiliate link) – to use as a pattern. I picked up fabric on Friday and for $3 I was able to make 14 headbands – 7 red and 7 green (I didn’t want to waste the fabric so I just kept cutting and sewing). Local running friends, expect some headbands for Christmas! 😉
In case you missed it on the blog, this past week I posted:
- Monday – Race Linkup: November 2017 Edition
- Tuesday – 2017 OBX Half Marathon Race Recap
- Thursday – 2017 Ashburn Farm Thanksgiving Day 5K Race Recap
Looking ahead to this coming week, on Wednesday please be sure to join me for my monthly Wednesday Word linkup where this month’s word is beauty.
Here’s a run-down this past week…
Fitness tools beyond the equipment in my gym that I used during the week included:
- Rodney Yee’s Complete Yoga For Beginners (affiliate link)
- Rodney Yee’s Intermediate Yoga (affiliate link)
- Rodney Yee’s Yoga Conditioning For Athletes (affiliate link)
- Tony Horton’s Ten Minute Trainer (affiliate link)
- Teeter Hang Ups Inversion (affiliate link)
Cameras used for blog photography include:
- GoPro Hero 6 (affiliate link)
- Canon Power Shot Elph (affiliate link)
- iPhone 6S (affiliate link)
- And the occasional picture taken by Bill
- Do you sew? If so, what have you made? ~ I made all my maternity dresses for my first pregnancy, Christening gowns for both our sons, hand smocked outfits for the boys when they were little, quilts, curtains, etc. I no longer enjoy sewing, but I do still occasionally sew out of necessity.
- Do you think you’ll join me on Wednesday for Wednesday Word linkup?
- Did you race this weekend?
Have a great week!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on the blue product link and then make a purchase, I will receive a commission for referring you. You will pay no more or less for the product; however, Amazon will show their gratitude for my referral by paying me.