Mom and I had some errands to run in town yesterday so I got up early for my run.  Not so early that I was afraid of running into a coyote or bear coming in from an early morning of foraging for food, but early enough to see most of the sun rise.


As I’ve mentioned before, all of my runs when I’m visiting the farm are hilly, and for this flatlander it can take some getting used to.  On my first day here I chose the hilliest course, and I paid for it when I tried to run a mere 18 hours later.


Normally I have no problem rolling out of bed, heading out to run, and eating breakfast as soon as I get home.  Yesterday I felt tired and low on energy the whole time.  My entire run, I craved that banana that I looked at as I walked out the door, but didn’t eat.


Enter; my camera!  Sometimes I’m so grateful for having it with me because I can pretend to stop to take a picture, when what I really want to do is rest!  Believe me, there were no sprint photo fartleks on this run!


Almost home, I had to stop running and walk this last little hill…

Country CreekGravelRoad

When I got home I had a bowl of cereal with strawberries and felt much better!


I’m not sweating the bad run, though.  We all have them every once in a while.  Today I rested, and tomorrow morning I plan to go for another country roads run before meeting Bill in Blacksburg for the ACC wrestling tournament!

In the meantime, Mom is continuing to spoil me by making some of my favorite dinners.  Last night she served chicken salad on a bed of lettuce.  When Mom and I make this chicken salad for just us, we go heavy on the grapes!


What’s on tonight’s menu?  Shrimp, a salad, and a baked potato.  I haven’t had a baked potato in forever and I can’t wait!  I’m even going to put a little sour cream on it!

  • Questions:
  • What was your worst exercise experience?
  • If you run first thing in the morning, do you eat first?  What do you eat?
  • Do you have any fun weekend plans? ~ Mine involve Virginia Tech and wrestling!