I’ve decided to be one of the cool kids again this month and join in the fun with Amanda and Becka for their Runner’s Tell All Monthly link-up. If you remember, last month I wrote My Running Story In 250 Words as part of their link-up. This month their cue was to write about your favorite running gear and products, thus my catchy and original title.
Below, and in no particular order, are products that I use regularly on my runs and would recommend to other runners:
1. From the first time I tried on a pair of Feetures socks, they have become my absolute favorite for running and everyday wear. The woven arch support makes my feet feel fabulous, and since I’m on my feet while working, my arches love the extra support. I loved Feetures so much that I reached out to them to become an ambassador. Since I love my readers so much, I’m going to have a giveaway in April, so stay tuned!
2. Bill and I started trail running last fall and bought trail shoes. I decided to try Asics Gel-Scouts since I’ve pretty much always worn Asics in the past. I immediately fell in love with them. They’re a little heavier than my regular Asics, but the stiffer soles grip the trail and help protect my feet from rocks and other unexpected things on the trail.
3. With eyes that are sensitive to light, I rarely run without my Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses. They have UVA, UVB, and UVC protection for eye health which is very important to me. Add the Oakley polarization to that, and my eyes are as happy as my feet!
5. This year I got three new fuel/hydration belts. I purchased the SPIbelt first to carry my phone with me since I had started using RunnerKeeper to track my runs. Soon after that I purchased a Nathan water belt that I had to strap on above my SPIbelt. In February, I was offered an opportunity to test the Fitletic Ultimate II running belt with optional hydration add-ons. I am torn between the three, but I have a feeling that I will use the Fitletic one the most.
And there you have it, my list of essential running gear… What’s your favorite piece?
Click on the shoe picture below
to get details of the link-up for this month and future months.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- What’s your absolute favorite piece of running gear?
- Do you get excited over socks?
- Who’s racing this weekend?