I’ve decided to be one of the cool kids again this month and join in the fun with Amanda and Becka for their Runner’s Tell All Monthly link-up. If you remember, last month I wrote My Running Story In 250 Words as part of their link-up. This month their cue was to write about your favorite running gear and products, thus my catchy and original title.
Below, and in no particular order, are products that I use regularly on my runs and would recommend to other runners:
1. From the first time I tried on a pair of Feetures socks, they have become my absolute favorite for running and everyday wear. The woven arch support makes my feet feel fabulous, and since I’m on my feet while working, my arches love the extra support. I loved Feetures so much that I reached out to them to become an ambassador. Since I love my readers so much, I’m going to have a giveaway in April, so stay tuned!
2. Bill and I started trail running last fall and bought trail shoes. I decided to try Asics Gel-Scouts since I’ve pretty much always worn Asics in the past. I immediately fell in love with them. They’re a little heavier than my regular Asics, but the stiffer soles grip the trail and help protect my feet from rocks and other unexpected things on the trail.
3. With eyes that are sensitive to light, I rarely run without my Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses. They have UVA, UVB, and UVC protection for eye health which is very important to me. Add the Oakley polarization to that, and my eyes are as happy as my feet!
4. During the summer when the sun is strong, I always wear a hat or one of my Nike visors. I team it up with one of the Neutrogena sunscreens for protection.
5. This year I got three new fuel/hydration belts. I purchased the SPIbelt first to carry my phone with me since I had started using RunnerKeeper to track my runs. Soon after that I purchased a Nathan water belt that I had to strap on above my SPIbelt. In February, I was offered an opportunity to test the Fitletic Ultimate II running belt with optional hydration add-ons. I am torn between the three, but I have a feeling that I will use the Fitletic one the most.
And there you have it, my list of essential running gear… What’s your favorite piece?
Click on the shoe picture below
to get details of the link-up for this month and future months.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- What’s your absolute favorite piece of running gear?
- Do you get excited over socks?
- Who’s racing this weekend?
I need some solid trail shoes; perhaps I will look into the Asics. They are nice-looking! Or I will do what I normally do and wear my old road Mizunos on trails 🙂
I love running/hiking socks. The more cushy the better, until it gets to be the middle of summer. Then the cheaper thin ones work well for me 🙂
Amy recently posted…Canyonlands Half Marathon Race Re-cap
Really only two races do I think trail shoes would have made a difference, and those were the Appalachian Trail portion of the JFK 50-Miler and the North Face Endurance Challenge Marathon. Otherwise, my old almost finished running shoes work well for my muddy runs on the horse trail portion of the W&OD Trail.
Unless I’m stuck on the dreadmill, I never run without my Optic Nerve sunglasses. They’re super light and do a great job protecting my peepers. I’m in desperate need of some new socks. I’m going to check out Feetures, based on your recommendation!
Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama recently posted…Looking Back and Leaping Forward
I think you’d love Feetures! Perhaps you’ll get lucky when I run my giveaway!
Good list! I’ve wanted to try those socks before but just haven’t gotten around to buying some. I would love to try out the Balega as well, and the Smartwool Run PhD series (I love them for hiking!).
Courtney @ Don’t Blink. Just Run. recently posted…Face The Music Friday #26
I have a pair of the Balega, but I haven’t heard of the Smartwool.
My must-haves are my NEW Nike Air 29, Garmin 405cx, Nathan Hand Held water bottle and Nathan belt. I LOVE Feetures too! I buy those for me and my hubby!! I will be on the lookout next month for the Giveaway!
Love your new shoes! I am in the market for some cross-training shoes. I need a non-running shoe for my other workouts I do, non-running related.
Lindsey @ OneMotherofaDay recently posted…Friday Five: Family & Friends Edition
I guess I should have included my RunKeeper app, too. One of these days I’m getting a Garmin!
I’m going to have to try the feetures socks, and keep them out of reach of my daughter. I can’t seem to find any of my socks 🙂
Sami recently posted…The Skinny on ‘The Skinny Docs’ ~ Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Weeks!
If you try Feetures, let me know what you think! And yes, tell your daughter that these are for mom!
I love getting new running socks! I think I may have to try those out, too.
I love reading about what other runners can’t live without!
For me, it’s my Oakley sunglasses, too.
Abby recently posted…Highlights from our California Coast adventure
Abby, if you try Feetures, let me know what you think!
I love Feetures socks! Maybe I’ll get lucky and win something in your giveaway 🙂 And I am totally checking out those Asics trail shoes when my current pair of Asics (2170’s, I think) that I use on trails get worn out.
Meagan recently posted…Beating boredom on the treadmill
Fingers crossed that you win!
[…] monthly link-up. If you remember, I’ve previously written My Running Story In 250 Words and Favorite Running Gear And Products as part of their link-up. This month their cue was to write about your favorite or proudest […]