I’m linking up again this month with Amanda at The Lady Okie and Becka at Sunshine To The Square Inch for their Runner’s Tell All monthly linkup. Be sure to pop over to their blogs to see what’s on their racing bucket lists, and to see who else is linking up.
This month, Amanda and Becka’s cue was to list the races on our running bucket list..
When I saw the prompt “Race Bucket List,” I was pretty excited to come up with some races that I’d like to run, and share with my readers. I’m actually surprised that in my almost two years of blogging I haven’t talked about a running bucket list. Here are my races, in no particular order…
1. Army Ten-Miler – I can’t believe that with all of the races I’ve run in DC over the years, that I’ve never run the Army Ten-Miler. It would have been so easy to just sign up at the last minute and run it in my early days of racing, but now I’ll have to enter with the masses and hope to get in!
2. Ragnar Trail Appalachians – Ragnar DC made me a believer, and now I want to run a Ragnar trail race, and Ragnar Trail Appalachians in West Virginia seems like a great place to start.
3. Ragnar Napa Valley – San Francisco to Napa Valley… Two hundred miles or relay running first, wine later. Wouldn’t this be a fun race?
4. Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon – So if I don’t want to take 30 hours to get to the wineries, I could run the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon and get there in about two hours.
5. Varmint Half Marathon – Burke’s Garden is a bowl shaped depression in the mountains of southwestern Virginia. I visited there when I was a little girl, but remember nothing about it. My parents always talked about how beautiful it was, and Bill and I have always planned to return and visit. What better way to take a tour of a place that I want to visit again than by running a half marathon through the cove?
6. Blue Ridge Half Marathon – This is another marathon that Bill and I considered running years ago, but never got around to doing. Now that I’ve gotten to know Meagan and she speaks so highly of it (actually, I think she loves to hate it), I really want to run Blue Ridge, but I’ll stick to the half.
7. New York City Marathon – If I were still running marathons, the NYC Marathon would definitely still be on my bucket list. For some reason, I never signed up for it, and regret not doing so.
8. Chicago Marathon – The same is true with the Chicago Marathon; if I were still running marathons, I’d want to run it.
9. Venice Marathon – I’m including the Venice Marathon on my bucket list because it’s been on there for years; although at this point, it’s just a “wish we’d done it” race. Bill and I have friends that live in Vincenza, Italy, and for years we said that we would visit them and run the marathon while we were in the area.
10. Athens Marathon – Several years ago my friend Jimmy tried to get the Cruisers to run the Athens Marathon with him, after his brother ran it and raved about it. I mean seriously; someone like me who loves running should have jumped at the chance to run the original marathon! Right?
- Which of these races have you run?
- What’s on your race bucket list?
- Who raced this weekend?