Let’s try this again! If you get email notifications of my blog posts, you either saw the imcomplete version of the post below, or something like, “Gnarly Dude, that’s a 404!” I started this post last December and dated it for this November. I thought I had it scheduled to run on Wednesday, but it wasn’t until Bill saw it yesterday morning that I realized I had goofed. I pulled the post down quickly until I had a chance to actually answer the questions!
1. How old do you have to be to move up from the kids’ table? 95
2. Stuff the turkey or cook stuffing separately? (aka salmonella or not?) My mom didn’t stuff the turkey, so I don’t stuff the turkey. Isn’t that the way it usually works?
3. Who sits at the head of the table? My hubby does since he’s clearly the head of our house and I jump to his every command, and bow to his every wish. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!
4. Pumpkin, pecan, or apple pie? I love pecan, but it’s so rich that I can only eat a bite or two. I’ll eat pumpkin if there’s enough ice cream or whipped cream to cover up the pumpkin flavor, so apple it is!
5. What the hell is mince meat? I think it’s chopped up nuts, fruits, and mice. Oh wait, it’s mince meat, not mice meat? I guess I should Google it.
6. Is it okay to play Christmas music on Thanksgiving? No! Football games and family arguments should be the only background noise during dinner.
7. In five words or less, worst Thanksgiving memory? Sandy’s liquid mashed potatoes.
8. Speaking of leftovers. Who gets dibs on them? It depends on whether or not the hostess likes said leftover!
9. Worst Thanksgiving food? Green bean casserole; however, that particular dish is banned from my house. My grandmother, who was an amazing cook, always served green bean casserole at Thanksgiving; and if I remember correctly, I loved it back then!
10. Best Thanksgiving quick joke? The first year I bought a turkey, I was horrified to find a bag of disgusting turkey parts inside the bird. I called Bill’s mom to see what to do with them, and she said she cooked them in the gravy, but that she threw the neck away. I asked, “What neck?” and she told me to look in the other end! I promptly threw all of the “turkey’s accessories” in the trash, and have done that with every turkey I’ve ever prepared.
Your turn! Answer any/all in the comments, or copy & paste onto your own blog.
- Additional Questions:
- Did you fall victim of yesterday’s premature-post debacle?
- What are your Thanksgiving plans? Are you hosting or traveling?
- Is anyone running in a Thanksgiving morning Turkey Trot?