Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link…
The Good Old Days
Now that I’ve gotten everyone’s attention with my catchy title, of course I’m a runner. I’m just a runner who has cut back drastically on my mileage as I carefully straddle running enough to keep me happy and not so much that I’ll get injured.
In the good old days, I ran 1,800 to 2,000 miles while training for up to four marathons a year, but this year I didn’t even make it to 300 miles. Thanks to reoccurring spinal issues where bulging discs pressed against unsuspecting nerves, I finally got smart and cut back my running mileage drastically. Today, I can run pain-free as long as I keep my mileage low. My new routine of cross training on my bike gives me the best of both worlds, running enough to make my heart happy while getting my cardio fix riding my bike.
Strava 2021 Totals
When Strava revealed this year’s infographic, I got curious and decided to checkout my numbers for the year. I only record cardio workouts to Strava and as a result, my days active show as much less than in reality. For example, most Fridays I lift for at least an hour and teach a 45-minute balance and stretching class, but since those are not loaded to Strava, it registers as an inactive day.
With strength training sessions, stretching, and foam rolling not logged on Strava, I had to gather those workouts the old fashioned way, pulling the information from my log book (affiliate link) and adding up the numbers.
2021 Stats Broken Down
- • Miles – 294.7
- • Total Runs – 91
- • Total Time – 45 hours 59 minutes
- • Average Distance per Week – 7.0 miles
- • Average Number per Week – 2
- • Average Time per Week – 1 hour 4 minutes
- • Elevation Gain – 9,160 feet
- • Miles – 4,089.2
- • Total Rides – 130
- • Total Time – 286 hours 58 minutes
- • Average Distance per Week – 86 miles
- • Average Number per Week – 3
- • Average Time per Week – 5 hours 48 minutes
- • Elevation Gain – 145,102 feet
- Strength Training:
- • Number of Sessions – 141
- • Total Time – 141 hours
- • Average Number per Week – 2.7
- • Average Time per Week – 3 hours
- • Number of Sessions – 130
- • Total Time – 25 hours 27 minutes
- • Average session length – 11 minutes 45 seconds
- • Average number per week – 2.5
- • Average time per week – 29 minutes 22 seconds
- Foam Rolling:
- • Number of Sessions – 74
- • Total Time – 12 hours 15 minutes
- • Average Session Length – 10 minutes
- • Average Number per Week – 1.4
- • Average Time per Week – 14 minutes 8 minutes
- • Do you enjoy reviewing your end of year stats?
- • Are you on Strava?
- • What fitness related activity are you most looking forward to in 2022?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on the blue product link and then make a purchase, I will receive a small commission for referring you. You will pay no more or less for the product; however, Amazon will show their gratitude for my referral by paying me.