On August 20, 2015, as part of a linkup, I wrote Five Years from Now… in answer to the prompt: Five Things I’ll Be Doing In Five Years. I thought it would be fun to follow up and see just how my hopes, dreams, and predictions panned out. Here are the highlights of my original post with my current comments written in red. Here goes…
“I am not afraid of tomorrow,
for I have seen yesterday
and I love today.”
~ William Allen White
It’s going to be fun and interesting reading my fellow bloggers’ posts talking about where they want to be in five years. I dare say that there will be several people mentioning that they’d like to start a family and establish their careers. Since I’ve been there, done that, my post will most likely be a bit different than the others in the linkup. So what do I hope to be doing in five years?
1. Having Fun No Matter What I’m Doing – I believe in living life to the fullest, so you can bet I’ll be laughing and having fun! ~ I still believe in having fun, but the pandemic is putting a real cramp in my style.
2. Running Regularly – Seriously, did you expect anything less than this being near the top of my list? ~ I’ve had a few sidelining injuries during the last five years, but fought back each time to return to the running trail and I’m hoping for the same with my current injury which has kept me sidelined for six months. My fingers are crossed that I’ll be able to transition from run/walk intervals to running without walk breaks by the fall.
3. Traveling With My Hubby – There are so many places we want to go, and next on our list is a trip back out west. We’re looking forward specifically to hiking and running in Southern Utah, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and the Colorado Rockies – all places we loved visiting when we lived out west. ~ We visited both Jackson Hole and Southern Utah in 2018. In 2019, we took our entire family to Southern Utah, Arizona, and Nevada. This past summer’s family trip was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic and future trips are temporarily on hold.
4. Maintaining Good Health – This is somewhat out of my control, but I will continue to eat well, exercise regularly, and get the recommended tests, pokes, and prods from my doctors to help increase my odds of staying healthy. ~ I’m still eating well and exercising regularly, and luckily, I haven’t had any major health issues.
5. Cuddling A Grandchild – This is definitely out of my control, but this is something I really look forward to! ~ In January 2018 we were blessed with the next best thing, Pablo, our grand-dog who has stolen our hearts!
Bonus: Watching one or more of the following (a girl can dream, right?):
- • Washington Nationals win the World Series ~ OMG, the Nationals won the World Series in 2019! I’ve never loved watching a sporting event as much as watching my Nats win it all! It may have dragged out to the seventh game, but they did it!
- • Virginia Tech Hokies win the NCAA National Football Championship ~ I think I may be waiting a while on this one…
- • Washington Redskins win the Super Bowl ~ HaHaHaHaHa, and who would have thought five years ago that they’d be forced to change their name.
- • Washington Capitals win the Stanley Cup ~ Oh yeah, baby, the Capitals won the Stanley Cup in 2018!
- • Virginia Tech’s Mekhi Lewis, a redshirt freshman, won a national championship in the 165-pound weight class in wrestling in 2019! Mekhi took the 2019-20 season off of collegiate wrestling to train for the Olympic trails, but the Olympics were postponed due to the pandemic. Who knows if there will be a winter collegiate sports season and he’ll get to wrestle for VT this year.
- • Washington Mystics claimed the WNBA Title in 2019.
And there you have it! I’m so happy I stumbled across this old post and had the opportunity to follow up with then versus now.
- • So what do you think? How did I do on my predictions?
- • Where do you stand on what you’re actually doing as compared to five years ago and what you though you’d be doing today?
- • What do you hope to be doing in the next five years?
- • What teams would you love to see win something big, but you aren’t holding your breath?