I’m a self-declared morning person. I’m the type who is wide awake the second my feet hit the floor in the mornings; although, I have been known to hit snooze a time or two before those feet actually hit the floor.
Back in the spring my MRTT friends and I started meeting at 6:00 AM on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for a small group run. Several times we had to move our runs to 5:15 or 5:30 to accommodate someones schedule; and recently 5:30 has been more the norm for our starting time. Surprisingly, these awesome moms seem to think, “The earlier, the better.” And so do I… within reason.
I would rather run super early with my friends, than run alone later, and that leads me to my list of why I love early morning running!
Reasons I LOVE running super early before the sun rises:
- • I start my day early
- • I have quiet time at home before anyone else is up
- • I know that I will get my run completed without putting it off
- • I almost always have friends to run with
- • I get to use my reflective gear and lights I purchased for Ragnar
- • I love bringing up the sun
- • I enjoy the quiet and tranquility along the trail
- • I feel accomplished driving back into my neighborhood after a incredible workout as my neighbors are just getting up
Reasons I don’t LIKE running super early before the sun rises:
- • You never know what is lurking in the shadows along the trail.
- • Sometimes I don’t get to bed early enough the night before, and I’m exhausted all day
- • Post-run selfies are harder to take! 🙂
So you can see, my reasons for loving running early far outweigh my reasons for not!
- • Are you an early riser?
- • Do you enjoy running in the dark?
- • Random question: When is your birthday? ~ Mine is next month!