Welcome to Wednesday Word, a weekly linkup for everyone, not just health and fitness bloggers. Each Wednesday you will have a single word prompt to write about. Let your imagination run free and share with your readers your interpretation of that word, or simply use it as inspiration for your post. Today’s word is nuisance… I’d love to have you link up, and if you do, please remember to follow my six simple rules.
Nuisance – a person, thing, or situation that is annoying
or that causes trouble or problems
We’ve all met them… people at the gym who are such a nuisances that they can clear the free weight area with their stench or annoy the heck out of everyone with their grunting. So many annoying moments come to mind as I sit down to write that it’s going to be difficult to pick just five situations which became nuisances, but I’ll give it my best shot.
My top five annoying gym situations awards go to:
- The guy who grunted so loudly while sounding like he was in the throws of orgasm that it caused his female trainer to blush when other gym members said, “I want to workout with Jill.”
- The guy who reeked of body odor so badly that one of the gym managers had to have a chat with him and ask him to please shower before his workout and to launder his gym clothes after each workout
- The guy with the super long ponytail who sweated profusely while taking step aerobics and flung rivulets of sweat from his ponytail onto his classmates while twirling with his turnsteps
- The guy who was far more flexible and wore shorter shorts than any man I’ve ever known and insisted on stretching with his legs spread wide giving the unsuspecting person an eyeful anytime they walked past
- The guy who ran long and hard on the treadmill leaving a pool of sweat on the belt, console, and floor pad; but never bothered to mop up the ocean he left behind
So how can you avoid being a nuisance at the gym?
- Be considerate of others
- Never drop dumbbells to the floor
- Don’t hog the equipment
- Put equipment away after you use it
- Adhere to time restrictions on cardio equipment during peak hours
- Be aware of your personal hygiene
- Wipe up after yourself
- Stop preening in front of the mirrors
- Don’t interrupt other gym members who are trying to focus
- Avoid using your mobile phone, and if you must take a call, step out of the gym
Time to confess! What do you find to be a nuisance?
Grab My Button!
Next Wednesday’s Word: Esoteric
Happy Running! ~ Deb