As I transferred my workouts from my log to my infographic for this past week, I paused to look closely and decided to take a moment to talk a little about how I fit so much activity into my days. My goal is always to inspire and show that I am very active and hope to be for a very long time. I do not ever want to make anyone feel badly should they compare their workouts to my own. We are not about comparing, we are about holding each other up.
It may look daunting that I complete so many different workouts, but keep in mind that:
- I have a fully equipped gym in my basement and have no excuses for not being able to make it to the gym
- I’m a trainer and some of my workouts are with clients – walks, occasional runs, planks, etc.
- My yoga routines are all thirty minutes or less
- I work part-time
- My sons are both grown and no longer live at home so I have no day-to-day mom duties
On to one of this week’s runs… Yesterday my friends and I had a very serious job. We met at 6 AM at our usual Saturday morning location with the job of keeping Erin calm and helping her manage the taper crazies before her Baltimore Marathon next weekend. Because of some recent calf pain, our favorite running doc told Erin to keep her pace at a 10:00 minute/mile for her eight-mile run.
For the second week, we found ourselves running in rain and total darkness for the first half of our run. I didn’t bother taking my GoPro with me, but pulled it out after the run, and unfortunately, after all of our other friends had left. Erin and I had fun running back in forth in front of the GoPro since I wouldn’t let her do a jump shot – not the week before her big race, and certainly not with calf pain!
To Erin: Good luck, my friend! Enjoy every second of your first marathon in thirteen years. You’ve got this, and remember, this is your race! Kill it for me and make me jealous of how adorable the crab race medal is compared to my Baltimore Marathon medals! xoxo
As you can see, I had a great workout week, but this coming week will be a little more challenging with a fitness conference coming up where I’ll sitting taking notes rather than being super active learning the latest new fitness moves. More on that on Wednesday…
Fitness tools beyond the equipment in my gym that I used during the week included:
- Rodney Yee’s Complete Yoga For Beginners (affiliate link)
- Rodney Yee’s Intermediate Yoga (affiliate link)
- Rodney Yee’s Yoga Conditioning For Athletes (affiliate link)
- Teeter Hang Ups Inversion (affiliate link)
Cameras used for blog photography include:
- When do you workout?
- Did Hurricane Matthew have any impact on where you live?
- Did you race this weekend?
Have a great week!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on the blue product link and then make a purchase, I will receive a commission for referring you. You will pay no more or less for the product; however, Amazon will show their gratitude for my referral by paying me.