It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week, the DC Trifecta chose Races To Run In 2015 as the Friday Five theme…..
I finalized my race calendar about a month ago, but I’m open to adding other races as the year progresses. I have twelve races on my calendar, but in the spirit of Friday Five, here are the five races that I’m looking forward to the most.
1. =PR= Race Series is offering four trail runs that I’m including in the list of races, even though they are not really “races.” All four organized events will have run leaders and will be run on trails at area parks. Runners can choose between 30, 60, and 90 minute runs. Post-run snacks will be provided, and a shirt was available at sign-up for those interested in purchasing one. Oh, and did I mention that all four events are free? Bill and I have several Cruisers and MRTT friends joining us for all four of these runs.
2. One of Bill’s and my favorite races is the George Washington Parkway Ten Miler. I’ve run it five times, and recapped it in two different posts. It’s run in late April when the trees are blooming and spring is in the air. The beautiful course that runs along the Potomac River from Mount Vernon to Old Town Alexandria.
As an added bonus, our friend lives along the course, and she and her dog come out every year to cheer us on. When I first met Obbie, he was a fluffy puppy, and it was love at first sight. Just last week she got a new Australian Shepherd puppy, Takoda, and I can’t wait to meet him! Both are official Cruiser mascots!
3. After hearing how much fun my friends had at the ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon last year, I decided that I had to run it this year. I am traveling to Annapolis with several of my MRTT friends, and we are getting a hotel the night before. I’ve only been to Annapolis once or twice, and I can’t wait to run through this beautiful city!
4. Let’s face it, I had an absolute blast at Ragnar DC, and couldn’t wait to run another Ragnar. When a spot opened up on our MRTT Ragnar Trail Appalachians team, I jumped at the chance. I don’t camp, and I need electricity to flat iron my hair, but I can’t wait to “rough it” for two days in the mountains of West Virginia!
5. Choosing the fifth and final race is the hardest for me. All four remaining candidates are races that I ran last year, and races that I enjoyed immensely; however, since forced to pick only one, I’m going with the Leesburg 20K. Much of it is run on the western portion of the W&OD Trail, the most beautiful and my favorite section. The medal has a barn and cow on it! So seriously, how could I not love this race?
Now that I’ve talked about my favorite upcoming 2015 races, here’s my entire 2015 race schedule. Let me know if I should look for you at any of these races!
- February 14 – For The Love Of It 10K
- April 4 – Algonkian Regional Park PR Trail Run
- April 26 – George Washington Parkway Ten Miler
- May 9 – Burke Lake Park PR Trail Run
- May 17 – River Bend Park PR Trail Run
- May 30 – ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon
- June 6 – Lake Fairfax PR Trail Run
- June 19 & 20 – Ragnar Trail Appalachians, WV
- July 4 – Firecracker 5K
- August 16 – Leesburg 20K
- November 26 – Thanksgiving Day 5K
- December 6 – Run With Santa 5K
- What race are you looking most forward to in 2015?
- Will you be running in any of the races I mentioned?
- Who is racing this weekend?