It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week, in honor of Wednesday’s big day in the running community, the DC Trifecta chose National Running Day as the theme. Note: The blog post contains affiliate links. Please see lower right sidebar for full details.
“Every day is a good day when you run.”
~ Kevin Nelson
As you can imagine, I get pretty pumped every year for National Running Day; but because it falls on a weekday (the first Wednesday in June) I don’t plan anything more than a large group run. This year, after some prompting from friends, I added a sparkle skirt, and that got me thinking, “What else can I do to add sparkle and fun to next year’s National Running Day celebrations?” and I came up with these five ideas:
1. Make wearing a sparkle skirt an annual thing, especially since I’m a self-declared-non-sparkle-skirt kind of girl the rest of the year.
2. Invite lots of running friends from different groups, and give a prize to the group that makes the biggest most sparkly National Running Day sign. I could invite:
3. Have a costume contest and give a prize to the best dressed runner.
4. Serve post-run cupcakes with sparkle frosting.
5. Have a champagne or sparkling cider toast after our run to celebrate another great year of running.
And there you have it – five great ways both you and I can add sparkle to our National Running Day celebration on June 1, 2016!
- What is your favorite way to sparkle?
- How did you celebrate National Running Day?
- Are you racing this weekend?
Happy Running! ~ Deb