It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week, the DC Trifecta chose Favorite Springtime Foods as the theme…..
“Are you sure the mango is a food?
Seems more like a spring tonic to me.”
No doubt about it, spring brings a great opportunity for eating lighter, and filling the plate with colorful foods. Farmers’ markets pop up with more and more fresh produce as spring wears on. Warm weather and the lack of snow on the deck make it easier to grill. In other words, spring makes it easier to put my favorite foods on our dinner table.
So what are my favorite springtime foods? I’m glad you asked!
1. Fresh Fruits – My favorite fruits are strawberries, blueberries, apples, and kiwi. In today’s world, we are fortunate that fruit is readily available year round, but it’s sweetest when picked right off the vine/bush/tree, and second best when purchased locally.
2. Grilled Meats and Seafood – Whether it’s shrimp, salmon, chicken, or steak, grilling just makes it taste better.
- What are your favorite spring foods?
- Do you grow any of your own foods?
- Who is racing this weekend?