I love apples, specifically Honey Crisp apples! I’ve always heard the old saying “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away” and I’m discovering there’s a lot of truth to it. Here are just some of the health benefits of eating apples:
- They take longer to digest so they keep you full longer
- They are full of vitamin C so they assist in keeping your immune system strong
- They add fiber to your diet (especially if you eat the skin)
- They can help regulate your blood sugar
- They help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL)
- They are a delicious low calorie, low fat snack
- They have a chemical in them that can help fight against some cancers (colon, liver, and breast)
- They look great setting on your desk waiting for you to munch into them!
For more information on the benefits of eating this delicious fruit, go to WebMD.
When one of my clients first introduced me to Honey Crisps, they were only available here on the east coast during the fall. Now I can find them all year round at my local grocery stores. These looked particularly beautiful at Safeway!
- What is your favorite type of apple?
- What are your other favorite fruits?
- Where do you buy your produce?