Top ten reasons not to ask a runner how their long run went:
10. There’s got to be something better you can do with that hour you’re going to lose.
9. Seeing black toenails grosses you out.
8. You’d rather not have them show you how they can no longer touch their toes.
7. If you want to know the difference between heel striking and forefoot striking, you’ll Google it.
6. You are afraid they will ask you for a donation for the charity marathon they are running.
5. Hearing about bleeding nipples grosses you out.
4. You’d rather not be forced to visualize their morning bathroom routine.
3. You’re afraid they will ask you to join them next weekend.
2. You don’t want to hear them say, “I had to skip my long run, because I only had time for 12 miles.”
1. You don’t have to ask, they’ll tell you!
- Are you guilty of doing or saying any of these things?
- What do you consider a long run… how many miles?
- What other obnoxious things do we say?