Even though I hadn’t gotten an email notification, last week I instinctively decided to look on the Road Runners Club of America site to see if any coaching certification courses were coming my way. I’ve been trying for what seems like forever to get in a class, but every time I heard about one, it was full by the time I tried to register. I even signed up to receive an email when new classes opened up, but even with that, I’d see the dreaded “FULL” when I’d click on a class in my area. Last week when I randomly went to their site and saw a list of available classes, I immediately signed up and got in! About an hour later I got an email notification that new classes had been released, and just for fun I clicked on the location of my class. It was already full. I’m feeling very lucky!
On Saturday morning, Bill and I met Beth, Amit, and Janet for six miles on the W&OD Trail. Beth needed to do a longer training run so by the time we got to the trail, she had already run six miles with our MRTT friends. Since we were running the Loudoun Half on Sunday, Bill and I decided that six miles would be plenty for us. My goal for the half was to have fun. Had I known that once I got started I would end up racing it, I would have given my legs the day off!
Beth and I decided that since we were wearing the same shoes, a twinzie-selfie was in order. You can always tell my legs by the melanoma scar on my right lower shin. Since May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, I have a few special related posts to share with you.
The horse trail is getting gorgeous, and I think that I’m going to start spending more time on it this summer!
And finally, don’t forget to enter my giveaway contest for a chance to win three pairs of Feetures socks. My favorites are the Elite Ultra Lights, but the winner will be able to choose three pairs of socks (total) from the following selections (you can mix and match colors and sizes if you want):
- Elite | Ultra Light
- Elite | Light Cushion
- Elite Merino+ | Ultra Light
- Elite Merino+ | Light Cushion
- Elite Merino+ | Heavy Cushion
- High Performance | Ultra Light
- High Performance | Light Cushion
- Therapeutic | Light Cushion
Rules to enter my Feetures giveaway:
- You are allowed to enter every day during this period. The more times and ways you enter, the greater your chances of winning.
- Shipping is available only in the continental United States.
- Winners will be selected by Rafflecopter at midnight on Thursday, April 17, and announced by Saturday, April 19.
- Once the winner is announced, that person will have until Tuesday, April 22 to claim the prize. If the winner fails to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen.
- Relatives of Deb Runs are not eligible to win.
To enter for a chance to win a three pairs of Feetures socks,
please use the Rafflecopter app below.
- Have you tried to get into a class, buy tickets for a concert or sporting event, etc. but could never get in?
- Tell me something good that happened to you this past week.
- If you win the Feetures socks, will you keep them or share them with a friend?
Disclaimer: As an ambassador, I am compensated with free socks by Feetures. Even though I am compensated by Feetures, all opinions are my own.