If you remember back in early April, I announced that I was putting together a DC Ragnar Relay team. Last week, after several social media blitzes, I filled the last spot on team Cruisers Rockin’ The Relay. Lame name, I know…
My friend Chuck agreed to help me out as co-captain if I formed a team. Last night he and I attended the Team Captain Meeting at Road Runner Sports in Falls Church.
Race directors Ameena (Cape Cod) and Tian (DC) went over eight pages of rules, regulations, and what we should expect.
The two biggest things that I took from the meeting were:
- Every team member should read the Ragnar Bible before the race.
- There’s an ice cream store that sells the world’s best milk shakes at exchange 18. The only problem is that we’re projected to arrive at exchange 18 at 12:53 AM.
Seriously, the meeting was very helpful, and got me totally pumped for the race! Things are suddenly getting very real!
I’m taking my foot on a trial run tomorrow morning… Wish me luck that it cooperates and that I can get back into my training. It’s been a boring week with no running!
- Have you run in a relay race?
- If so, what’s your biggest piece of advice for my team?
- Any advice for decorating our van to make up for our lame name?