It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! This week’s theme is Five Favorite Fall Activities…
During the fall, I pretty much enjoy doing anything that takes me outside in the cool, crisp, autumn air! In keeping with the Friday Five theme, here are my five favorites…
1. Bill and I love trail running in the fall. Last fall, we made our first accent to Molly’s Knob at Hungry Mother State Park, and hope to return again sometime this fall for a repeat, and perhaps find some other new to us trails along the way.
2. It’s no secret that Bill and I love our Hokies, and enjoy going to most of their home games! Going to Lane Stadium for a Virginia Tech football game, and tailgating with our friends before and after the game is one of our favorite fall activities.
3. Every fall, I clean my flower gardens, cutting back my plants that didn’t make it the recent frost, and making my gardens tidy for the winter. Once I get started gardening, I get lost in my work, and usually spend much more time than I realize. Gardening in my suburban lot is a way for me to get back to my farm-girl roots!
4. I enjoy decorating our house for fall almost as much as I do for Christmas! By the end of September, I have my fall foliage up and a few Halloween pieces scattered around. Come November, we are on turkey, Pilgrim, and Indian overload!
5. My mom and I enjoy giving trays of cookies as Christmas gifts, and when I was little we made one batch of cookies each Saturday in October and November, and froze them until Christmas. After I moved away, we started a tradition of having a cookie baking weekend so I could help Mom make her cookies. It’s one of my mom’s and my favorite fall activities.
- What are your favorite fall activities?
- Do you enjoy baking?
- Who’s racing this weekend?