Welcome to Wednesday Word, a weekly linkup for everyone, not just health and fitness bloggers. Each Wednesday you will have a single word prompt to write about. Let your imagination run free and share with your readers your interpretation of that word, or simply use it as inspiration for your post. Today’s word is ageless….. I’d love to have you link up, and if you do, please remember to follow my six simple rules.
Ageless – not growing old or showing the effects of age;
It’s my birthday week and several months ago when I picked this week’s Wednesday Word, I chose ageless to go along with how I feel. Yes, of course I have a few age related aches and pains, and I certainly notice that it takes longer for me to recover from a longer run; but overall I feel young.
When you feel young, you are young. To me, age is far more of a mental state than a physical state. In almost every walk of life, I am the oldest. When I’m with my running friends, I’m the oldest – often by twenty plus years. When I’m with my neighbor friends, I’m the oldest – with the exception of a few. When I’m with my regular’ole longtime friends, I’m the oldest.
Is this by chance? Yes. Is this also by choice? Yes! And do you know why? These friends keep me young!
I’ve never been one to dwell on the negative, so I embrace each year older as a gift. A gift of…
- Another year to laugh with my family
- Another year to watch the sky change colors at sunrise and sunset
- Another year to feel my lungs exploding as I run across the finish line of a race
- Another year to hear the leaves and twigs crack beneath my feet as I run or hike the Appalachian Trail
- Another year to relax with friends in my back yard with margaritas in hand
- Another year to taste my mom’s amazing egg custard and chocolate cake
- Another year to put my thoughts on my little space on the internet
My birthday gift to you is a compilation of quotes on staying ageless. Any one of these four could be my mantra…
I’ll leave you with this question, as asked by the great Satchel Paige, “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?”
How old would I be? Who cares! It’s all about how you feel and act, not the number of candles on your birthday cake.
What do you find to be ageless?
Grab My Button!
Next Wednesday’s Word: Cherish