Welcome to Wednesday Word, a monthly linkup for everyone, not just health and fitness bloggers. On the first Wednesday of every month you will have a single word prompt to write about. Let your imagination run free and share with your readers your interpretation of that word, or simply use it as inspiration for your post. Today’s word is victory… I’d love to have you link up, and if you do, please remember to follow my six simple rules.
Achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor
against odds or difficulties
In January 2015, I wrote about working my way back from an injury where I stated, “Injury makes the comeback sweeter.” Apparently that resonated with a lot of people because it’s become one of my most popular pins on Pinterest. What better way to realize a victory than with a successful comeback after the defeat of a sidelining injury.
Perhaps injury is on my mind due to my recent setback and that’s why I’m focusing on finding victory after an injury; or perhaps it’s because injury is such a common thread with us runners. Whatever the case, going into a successful training cycle after an injury is a joyous thing to behold and quite the victory.
Most of us mere running mortals don’t know the victory of breaking the tape at a race, but we do know victory in many other forms if we just stop to recognize those victories, no matter how small…
- Victories Everyday Runners Can Embrace:
- Coming back from injury
- Snagging that elusive PR
- Becoming a morning person so you can meet your friends for runs before work
- Completing a run between thunderstorms
- Finding your favorite discontinued running shoes on sale for 50% off
- Coming back from another injury
- Receiving an email that you were picked in the lottery for your dream marathon
- Finally pulling your over-cut hair into a ponytail
- Seeing a friend on the trail who perks you up when your run is feeling really tough
- Enjoying a fantastic run after a few days of not-so-great runs
- Successfully registering for a race that fills up in an hour
- Finding a running friend when you move to a new town
- Coming back from yet another injury
What are some of your everyday victories?
Grab My Button!
Next Month’s Wednesday Word: Imagination