Disclaimer:  This post contains affiliate links.

Heavy rain all day long on Sunday kept Bill and me off our bikes. Bill hit the basement for a ride on our spin bike, (affiliate link) but I spent the afternoon chilling, doing laundry, and working on my blog. Just like running on our treadmill (affiliate link), I find riding inside on a bike equally boring; however, it’s pretty silly that I don’t put our cardio equipment to better use. What can I say? I’m an outdoors kind of girl!

As I mentioned, the weather was crappy for most of the week. It was 58° and misty for Monday’s run and 69° with the moon trying to peep through dramatic clouds for Wednesday’s run. Both days we had 100% humidity, but at least the mist on Monday kept me a little cooler.

On Wednesday afternoon I saw my dermatologist for my twice a year full-body skin check. I’d been keeping an eye on a pink spot on the back of my knee that had popped up about a month ago and made sure Dr. Ha took a look at it. He did a biopsy and I’m waiting for the pathology report which is due this coming week. My fingers are crossed that it’s only a basal cell or something less serious.

On Friday, we woke to amazing weather – cool and crisp with the most amazing clouds! Behind those puffy clouds was a blue sky, something we hadn’t seen in weeks. Fridays are super busy work days for me so I didn’t get to get outside to enjoy the weather, but the forecast was predicting an equally beautiful weekend.

My friend Maureen arrived at our house at 7 AM for our run on Saturday morning. It was 57° and even though I didn’t check to see what the humidity happened to be, I could feel the difference from earlier in the week. Maureen had just set a 7-minute half marathon PR at last weekend’s ORCA Half Marathon in Seattle, but was up for a few shakeout miles. Her shakeout pace was my fastest pace in months. Pushing a jog stroller with two kiddos for many of her training runs has made her speedy!


Once home, I headed out on Miss Zephyr for 15 miles with Bill who was starting his 52-miler. We were planning to ride again today (we did) so with my run I didn’t want to overdo it with a longer bike ride and be too pooped for today’s ride.


After my ride, I came home and putzed around the house until late afternoon when I fell asleep for 2:47. It was an amazing nap and I woke up just in time to watch some college football.


In case you skipped checking in on my blog this past week, here’s what you missed…


Looking ahead to this coming week…

  • Wednesday – Please be sure to join me for my monthly Wednesday Word linkup where this month’s word is fizzle.
  • Friday – I’ll be joining in on the Ultimate Coffee Date fun with Deborah and Coco.


In addition to the runs I mentioned above, here’s a complete run-down of my workouts from this past week (completed mostly in our home gym)…


  • Questions:
  • Are you having fall weather or is summer still clinging on where you live? 
  • Are you a napper? ~ I promise myself naps far often than I actually take them, but sometimes I really need to crash and catch up from my early mornings during the week.
  • Did you race this weekend?


And that’s a wrap… Have a great week!


Disclaimer:  This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on the blue product link and then make a purchase, I will receive a small commission for referring you. You will pay no more or less for the product; however, Amazon will show their gratitude for my referral by paying me.




I’m linking up with Holly at HoHo Runs and Wendy from Taking The Long Way Home for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to check out not only the hosts’ posts, but the other great bloggers joining in on the fun!