Saturday morning I woke up at 4 AM to get my day started. Only two things will get me up that early without complaining. Running and Virginia Tech football…
We rolled into Blacksburg at 9:30 AM on a perfect fall day for the 1:30 PM kickoff. We tailgate with several other couples that we were friends with when we were at VT, but only three couples were at Saturday’s game. Three couples and lots of students! We got our tailgate set up early, but forgot our generator so we weren’t able to blow up our two 8-foot tall Hokie Birds. You think I’m kidding, don’t you? Anyone that has a VT brownie pan and bought a beat-up lunch pail off eBay surely has at least one inflatable Hokie Bird (Rhonda has the other one).
I think you’ll get a kick out of this… Rhonda (my Hokie twin) and I were the totally non-partiers in college and she was my partner in crime with starting the tequila shot tradition for our tailgate. Rhonda and I hand out shots of tequila with lime and salt. After the
person with the biggest mouth leader screams, “LET’S GO!” followed by the crowd screaming, “HOKIES!!!” three times; we all take our tequila shot as Enter Sandman starts playing on our sound system. We have this down.
My Hokie twin Rhonda is wearing the #1 jersey and her hubby Steve (who was Bill’s VT roommate) is standing behind her. They started dating a week after Bill and I did. Isn’t that sweet! Please note that I am NOT wearing socks with my Sperry’s. Those are my white runner’s feet blinding you!
Please don’t tell anyone, but we left the game early because we wanted to go see my parents while we were relatively close by. Mom’s birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to wish her a happy birthday in person. Along the way, we stopped and got these tulips for her.
We had a great visit with my parents and headed home today. When we stopped in Blacksburg to drop Julie back at school (she’s working on her master’s degree), we went to Kobe for lunch!
I always get shrimp and scallops… so predictable, but oh so good!
Don’t forget that you only have a couple more days to enter my SPIbelt giveaway that ends on Tuesday. To enter for a chance to win your very own Original SPIbelt, please use the Rafflecopter app below. Please be aware that specific colors are not guaranteed in the giveaway.
Rules to enter my SPIbelt giveaway:
- Winners will be selected by Rafflecopter at midnight on Tuesday, September 10, and announced on Wednesday, September 11.
- You are allowed to enter every day during this period. The more times and ways you enter, the greater your chances of winning.
- Shipping is available only in the continental United States.
- Once the winner is announced, that person will have until Friday, September 13 to claim the prize. If the winner fails to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen.
- Relatives of Deb Runs are not eligible to win.
- What are you willing to get up super early for and not complain about?
- If you’re a runner, do you have blinding white feet? 🙂
- Have you entered for a chance to win an Original SPIbelt??