It’s time for Friday Five linkup with DC area bloggers Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run! Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hello! While you’re there, be sure to check out other bloggers who are participating in the linkup, too. This week the DC Trifecta chose Five Things I Love as the theme…
“Fall in love
With as many things as possible.”
I would be remiss not to start off by wishing the DC Trifecta, made up of Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia, a very happy two-year anniversary of hosting this little linkup! Friday Five has grown by leaps and bounds with last week’s linkup drawing 52 bloggers. Thank you ladies for creating a fun and entertaining community that comes together each Friday!
1. I love the sense of community that blogging brings. I’ve met some pretty amazing like-minded people since starting my blog. There are a couple of local ladies I look forward to meeting, Mar being one of them!
2. I love that I have a journal of the last almost three years of my day-to-day running and other life adventures that I can look back on. Even more, I love my race recaps tab, and that I can go back at any time and relive one of my races, especially the marathons from my throwback series.
3. I love that I can share my love of fitness and running, and that I have an organized place for my visitors to stop by; and hopefully, be inspired or learn something new.
4. I love how blogging holds me accountable – seriously, it does. Now that my runs are public, I definitely push myself more and train harder than I had in the last few years prior to blogging when I had gotten complacent. Rather than embracing my new age groups and training harder, I was satisfied with resting on my laurels and making every run a fun easy run.
5. I love that I am constantly inspired by other bloggers. In fact, I had been asked about five years in a row to run Ragnar DC on my friend Chuck’s team, but each year I declined. It wasn’t until I started reading race recaps on other blogs that I saw how fun a relay race could be.
Don’t forget to stop by the other participating bloggers’ little corners of the internet to see what they love, too!
- What do you love?
- If you blog, what do you love about the blogging community?
- Are you racing this weekend?