Today’s Training Tip
Make exercise fun
Time for an Attitude Adjustment
Let’s face it, many people don’t enjoy exercise and those of us who do are very lucky. For those who don’t, the physical and mental benefits of exercise are important enough that even the most resistant should reconsider their attitude toward exercise.
From Boring, to Fun
If you consider exercise boring don’t join a gym expecting a sudden change of opinion. Thinking outside the box can go a long way toward making exercise fun. Give these tips a try and see if you can have fun while exercising…
- • Listen to a riveting audiobook only while taking walks or doing another form of exercise
- • Go to the gym at the same time each day and make new friends by introducing yourself to others doing similar workouts
- • Join a running, walking, hiking, or cycling group
- • Participate in non-organized exercises such as tossing a frisbee around
- • Invite a friend to join you and set goals together
- • Create an exercise contest with a friend with the winner being treated to a cup of coffee or lunch
- • Join an online exercise challenge
- • Volunteer at a local shelter to be a dog walker
- • Keep looking until you find some sort of activity you enjoy – you’re much more likely to be consistent and not quit if you enjoy what you’re doing
- • Are you one of the lucky ones who enjoys exercise? ~ Yes, very much so.
- • If yes, have you always enjoyed exercising and if you haven’t always enjoyed exercise, what changed your mind? ~ Yes, I’ve always enjoyed exercise and being active.
- • What other training tips would you like for me to cover?