Happy 100 days until National Running Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had planned in advance I would have given you 100 reasons why I love to run. Here are a quick ten:
- It’s fun
- It’s good for me
- It makes me sweat
- It burns lots of calories so I can eat a few extra yummy things
- It’s a wonderful opportunity to spend quality time with my friends
- It makes my legs strong
- It takes me outside
- It gives me time to thank God for the beautiful world he created
- It allows me to meet new friends
- It gets me up early so I can see fabulous sunrises
We woke up this morning to sunshine! 🙂 My BRF’s (best running friends) and I couldn’t stop talking about the beautiful blue sky and sunshine, and how much happier we felt! They were acting pretty silly when I told them to run ahead so I could take their picture.
I couldn’t help taking a picture of the beautiful blue sky since it’s been gray for more days than we can remember.
For lunch today Bill and I went to California Tortilla and I ordered the Southwestern Salad with grilled chicken. I love this kind of food, but don’t let the word “salad” mislead you. I just checked and my salad (with dressing) was 764 calories. That’s high for my usual lunch, but on a fun Sunday outing, it’s fine.
- Why do YOU love to run?
- Did you see sunshine today?
- What’s your favorite salad, and from what restaurant?