Thank you, Melissa at Feeling Imperfections, for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! This sweet little award is going around the blogoshpere right now, and it’s a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers who are positive, creatively inspire their readers, and bring a ray of sunshine to their day (I added that last part). 🙂 It’s a great way for bloggers to introduce their readers to some of the blogs they enjoy.
Here’s how it works… Once you have been nominated and choose to participate, please:
- Include the Sunshine Award logo on your blog or in a post.
- Link to the person that nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions about yourself.
- Nominate ten other bloggers to receive the award, and link your nominees to the post. Let them know that they have been nominated.
Melissa sent me the following questions to answer:
1. If money were no option, what one item would you go buy tomorrow? Is a vacation package considered one item? If so, I would purchase a trip for two for two weeks to Italy’s Amalfi Coast. If the trip doesn’t count, then I need a little more time to decide what I want to splurge on.
2. What chore do you enjoy doing the least and why? I’m a really good cook… if you don’t count the salmon I burned on the grill last night, or the fish tacos that turned out soggy, or Saturday nights so-so pizza; however, I don’t enjoy cooking. I love to cook for big holidays such as Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I really don’t enjoy the day-to-day drudgery cooking. Usually I’m rushing from a late client appointment and would rather eat a bowl of cereal, but I try to get something healthy on the table most days.
3. Most of the clothes in your closet can be found from what three stores? Ann Taylor, Dicks Sporting Goods, and Volume Two Bookstore…. I live in running and workout clothes. When I
want to am forced to dress up, I like basic classic clothes and Ann Taylor fits the bill. Boring perhaps, but that’s my style; UNLESS I’m headed to Blacksburg, and of course then my favorite color combination is Chicago maroon and burnt orange. I can always find plenty of stunning apparel that fits the bill at Volume Two at Virginia Tech!
4. If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Since I don’t consider sun screen a beauty product, I’m going with mascara. My blond eyelashes don’t exactly “bring out my eyes” without a healthy dousing of dark brown mascara!
5. Do you have any nicknames from friends or family? What are they? Deb… surprise, surprise! My hubby calls me Cookie Babe, and I LOVE it! 🙂
6. Why did you start your blog? After races I loved writing up a recap and sharing it with my Cruiser friends on our Facebook page. I wanted to have more of on outlet for writing about running rather than just constantly posting to our page. I wasn’t too familiar with the whole blog scene until Julie told me about a couple of blogs she follows. I’d been reading a few blogs here and there when shared on Facebook, but I’d never followed a particular blogger’s daily posts. Once I started following those two blogs Julie suggested, I knew that was the outlet I had been looking for!
7. Shoes or purses? If you read my post My Poor Runner’s Feet, you know that I have to be very selective of what shoes I wear, and that I practically live in my Asics. Since I can’t go crazy with my shoes, handbags are my thing! I have three favorite bags, but as much as I love my Michael Kors snakeskin bag and my Dooney & Bourke hobo, I absolutely LOVE my Brahmin black and brown matching handbag and wallet that Bill gave to me for one of my big birthdays! I love it for two reasons: first because my sweet hubby gave it to me, and second because it goes with both blacks and browns and I don’t have to change handbags with every outfit!
8. Describe your perfect day from start to finish. Bill and I would wake up and run with the sunrise. We would come home and lift weights, stretch, and then have a relaxing breakfast. Of course since it’s a prefect day, I’d have no chores to do or errands to run! 🙂 After spending an hour or two reading or playing with social media, we would have lunch on the deck because the weather would be perfect. Lunch would consist of our favorite homemade “beach” sandwiches. I’d spend the afternoon taking a short nap and reading a good book or going for a walk with Bill. For dinner, we would go to our favorite local restaurant with the kids. After dinner we would watch sports on TV together and have a yummy dessert!
9. Who do you look to for style inspiration or advice? I look to all of my friends for style and inspiration. Believe me, I can use all of the help I can get! You can bet that I will be turning to them for help picking out my MOG dress for the wedding!
10. What are you too afraid to pursue right now, whether in your dreams, work, or relationships? I’ve always wished that I had a master’s degree in exercise physiology, but I’ve never pursued it. At this point in my career and owning my own personal training business, I’m not sure it would make a huge difference; however, I would still like to do it. Call me lazy, but I just don’t feel like trekking downtown for classes at this point in my life, so I doubt I’ll ever do it…
And now it’s my turn to spread the love! I am nominating the following blogs since they bring a ray of sunshine into my day! I hope that you will pop over and check them out!
Laura @ Write The Happy Ending
Meagan @ Turkey Runner
Nicole @ Work In Sweats Momma
Stephanie @ Now I Run
Emma @ A Mom Runs This Town
Abby @ Change Of Pace
Jenn @ Runs With Pugs
Amy @ Run Write Hike
Logan @ Mountains And Miles
Holly @ Run With Holly
Lindsay @ One Mother Of A Day
To my nominees: Because this is a crazy kind of week for me, please use the ten questions I was given, or make up other questions to answer that will tell your readers a little more about you. And yes, I’m well aware that I listed eleven blogs and not ten, and I still had to leave some of my favorites off the list. There are a lot of great blogs out there people!
- Pick any of the questions above and share your answers with me!
- Do you already read some of the above blogs?
- Did you run today?